Updated December 15, 2004
AIMS Computer Systems and its affiliates, hereafter referred to as AIMS, provide a range of electronic and other services. Internet Services provided by AIMS, hereafter referred to as the Site, are provided under the following Terms of Service agreement.
SHORT & SWEET VERSION:
Unsolicited or Commercial Bulk Email (SPAM) Policy:
If you send unsolicited e-mail messages promoting your site, business, or opportunity, or cause responses from such e-mail message or posting to be directed to your mailbox at AIMS' facilities, your site, account, etc. will be deleted without warning. We will also bill you for the services you use while sending such messages, the time required to clean up any mess that you make, and any legal fees or other costs we incur while dealing with the incident.
Free Speech policy:
We don't really care about what you send in e-mail, or what you put on your web pages. But, material that we deem to be grossly offensive, including pornography and/or clear expressions of bigotry, racism, or hatred, will not be tolerated.
We will not tolerate the use of our services to promote software piracy.
THE FULL VERSION:
AIMS Computer Systems and its Affiliates (AIMS) offer a number of Internet-related services.
It is contrary to our policy for any user of any of these services to take part in any of the following activities through an AIMS provided service:
- To send unsolicited mass emailings (SPAM) to more than twenty-five (25) email users, causing such unsolicited emailings to provoke complaints from any of the recipients;
- To engage in any activities using the service of another provider, but channeling such activities through an AIMS account or with an AIMS account as a maildrop for responses;
- To use the aimscomputersystems.com, aimsinc.com, or aims.ws domain name(s) or the domain name of any AIMS' affiliates to advertise any AIMS website or service via Unsolicted Commercial Bulk Email (SPAM) as defined above.
AIMS considers the above practices to constitute abuse of its service and of the recipients of such unsolicited mailings and/or postings, who often bear the expense. Therefore, these practices are prohibited by AIMS' terms and conditions of service. Engaging in any of these practices will result in termination of the offender's account and/or access to AIMS' services.
In addition, AIMS reserves the right, where feasible, to implement technical mechanisms which block multiple postings as described above before they are forwarded.
This policy addresses only the kinds of network abuse specifically enumerated above. In addition to these activities, AIMS' terms and conditions of service also prohibit other forms of abuse such as harassment and the posting of illegal or unlawful materials, and AIMS will respond as appropriate to these other activities as well.
Nothing contained in this policy shall be construed to limit AIMS' actions or remedies in any way with respect to any of the foregoing activities, and AIMS reserves the right to take any and all additional actions it may deem appropriate with respect to such activities, including without limitation taking action to recover the costs and expenses of identifying offenders and removing them from use of AIMS' services.
In addition, AIMS reserves at all times all rights and remedies available to it with respect to such activities at law or in equity.
By use of the Site, you agree to use the Site in a manner consistent with all applicable laws and regulations and in accordance with the terms and conditions discussed below.
AIMS is not responsible for the content of any web site, and the views expressed are the responsibility of the User and not AIMS. AIMS does not review User-uploaded web pages in any way before they appear on the Site. AIMS reserves the right to remove any page from the Site at any time without notice.
AIMS provides space for Web Pages & Sites but makes no implied or express warranties about the reliability of these pages or Sites. AIMS is not responsible for any damage caused by loss of access to, or deletion or alteration of web pages; individual Users are responsible for monitoring and creating backups of User-uploaded pages.
The following is a non-exclusive list of actions and content that are not permitted on the Site:
- Any use of copyrighted material without the express permission of the author or owner.
- Pages that exploit the images of anyone under the age of 18.
- Material that we deem to be grossly offensive, including pornography and/or clear expressions of bigotry, racism, or hatred.
- Messages, web pages, or communications of any kind that promote illegal activity.
- Material that defames, abuses or threatens others.
- Making available copyrighted software which has been "cracked" - i.e., the copyright protection has been removed from the software.
- Making available serial numbers for software which can be used to illegally validate or register software.
- Making available tools which can be used for no purpose other than for "cracking" software.
User agrees to indemnify AIMS and any third-party information providers against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising from the User's use of the Site. This expressly includes: (i) User's responsibility for any and all liability arising from the violation or infringement of proprietary rights or copyrights and (ii) any libelous or unlawful material contained within User's Web Page or other portion of the Site.
Termination of Service
AIMS may terminate any and all information, communications, Postings, or Web Pages at any time, without notice, for conduct that violates this Agreement or other policies or guidelines set out by AIMS elsewhere on the Site. AIMS may terminate and delete any and all information, communications, Postings, or Web Pages for online conduct that AIMS believes is harmful to other Users, the business of AIMS, or other third-party information providers.
Fees for unsolicited commercial e-mail (SPAM)
AIMS will apply the following charges to unsolicited commercial e-mail that passes through the Site.
- For each Unsolicited Commercial E-Mail message received at the Site: $100 per copy
- For each Unsolicited Commercial E-Mail sent via the Site: $100 per copy
- Cleanup charge for service termination related to Unsolicited Commercial E-Mail: $1000 per incident
- Administrative charge for redirection of "remove me" or other "abuse" messages related to forged headers in Unsolicited Commercial E-Mail: $100 per message
- We will also charge for any legal fees or other costs we incur while dealing with the incident.
Choice of Law
This Agreement shall be construed and controlled by the laws of the State of Tennessee, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. Any dispute arising hereunder will be governed by the laws of the State of Tennessee. The User agrees to personal jurisdiction by the State and Federal courts of the State of Tennessee. If you have any questions regarding the information on this page please contact email@example.com. You may also wish to view our hosting service agreement.