Setting Up E-mail in Microsoft Outlook 2000 - 2007
This tutorial shows you how to set up Microsoft Outlook to work with your e-mail account. This tutorial focuses on setting up Microsoft Outlook 2003, but these settings are similar in other versions of Microsoft Outlook. You can set up previous versions of Microsoft Outlook by using the settings in this tutorial.
To Set Up Your E-mail Account in Microsoft Outlook
1. In Microsoft Outlook, select Tools > E-mail Accounts.
2. On the E-mail Accounts wizard window, select "Add a new e-mail account" and click Next.
3. For your server type, select "POP3" and click Next.
4. On the Internet E-mail Settings (POP3) window, enter your information as follows:
Incoming mail server (POP3)
Outgoing mail server (SMTP)
Click "More Settings."
5. On the Internet E-mail Settings window, select the "Outgoing Server" tab.
6. Select "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication."
7. Select "Use same settings as my incoming mail server".
8. Select the "Advanced" tab and change the "Outgoing server (SMTP)" port to 587.
9. Click OK.
10. Click Next.
11. Click Finish.